diagonal section and integration handling difficulties

Dear Ferreters,

actually working with a oceanmodel calculating stream intensitys it occured to us to check the produced data by integrating the stream components u (longitude direction) and v
(latitude direction) along any diagonal line in the datafield.

First question concerning is:
Is there a standard way of gaining the requested output? Or has there been any programfile published yet to help us in this task?

And second:
During our calculation we come to a situation similar to the one in the append lines.
We take the vertical section out of the original data file and reduce the data to a 2 dimensional field (as you may see the depth ist integrated already)
So all we need do to is to integrate the x-axis and we compute the directed stream of water. The question is why do we gain correct output for the integration with an existing y-axis and the wrong output for the integration along the x-axis for the integration without y-axis? For this is what occurs if we do not do a clear zonal or meridional section.

Any help is welcome

Robert Landsberger (ZMAW Hamburg/Germany)

Problem scratch:
name title I J K L
TEST1 V[Y=77,Z=@DIN] 1:252 1:1 ... 1:12
(Z=0:4868)