Re: math with Netcdf and ASCII data

Hi Wendy Wang,
                If you can play around the time axis...it is very easy.
Earlier Barry Baker asked a similar question and he posted a nice summary
about how he finally did it. Please have a look at that mail in the
archive :

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2003/msg01060.html

(Or if want to trace the whole chain..then look at
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2003/msg01049.html)

 If you find any difficulty in going ahead with this ...please let us
know.

With Regards

Jaison

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Wendy Wang wrote:

> Hi ferret_users,
>
> I have a NC dataset with monthly means for 1980-2003:
>
>   name     title                                  		I         J         K
> pCO2     Partial pressure of CO2          1:161     1:91      ...       1:288
>
> and an ASCII dataset with single value for each year for 1980-2003:
>
> Year  	aCO2
> 1980.5  338
> 1981.5  339
> 1982.5  341
> 2003.5  374.4362
>
> I want to add aCO2 to pCO2 for each of 24 years.For example, I want to
> increase pCO2 by 338 for year 1980 Jan-Dec for the entire region.
>
> Does anyone know if ferret can do it easily?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Wendy Wang

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450