Re: quick question

Hi David Muhati,
                  Two possibilities for the appearance of white band.

   1. Missing values &
   2. /LEVELS is not given properly

  Try listing values of your variable along a longitude like

             yes? list/x=20/k=1/l=1 myvar

IF you get just "....." instead of numeric values for those
latitudes (~19-32N) then it is caused by missing_value.
   In this case you can use @FAV (averaging filler) with sufficient
   number of points as argument ( like myvar[j=@FAV:5] ).
   For more details about @FAV, have a look at usermanual
   Ch3 Sec2.4.23.  @FAV: averaging filler

   Or if you want to replase these missing values with a constant
   value say 0.0 then define a new variable like

       yes? let myvar_no_missing = IF myvar THEN myvar ELSE 0.0

   (This is not recommented because missing_value represents
    "no observation" or "bad quality" data points. When we
    replace this with 0.0, we are pretenting that observation
    was there and value is 0.0 !!!!!!)

If you are getting some values > 8 or < 0 then you have to either
drop the /LEVELS qualifier for FILL command or should include
the whole data range.

 In case you want to make all the data > 8 and < 0 to a constant
 say 0.0 then, like the above case define a new variable..

    let myvar_0to8 = IF myvar GE 0 AND myvar LE 8 THEN myvar ELSE 0

Hope this helps

With Regards

Jaison

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, David Muhati wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am wondering why my plot has the white band as seen on the attachment.
> Is it missing data? How can i correct it and get a consistent color plot?
> Thanks.

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450