Re: Problem with ferret_paths

Hi,

In addition to the changes proposed by Jaison Kurian, you should modify
the line

export PATH="$PATH $FER_DIR/bin"

export PATH="$PATH:$FER_DIR/bin"  #(add a colon as separator)

--
James Caveen
Analyste-programmeur

   Please use the "ferret_paths_bash_template" in ferret/bin directory.
Do copy this file to /usr/local (not to /usr/local/ferret ..as
recommented by developers) as ferret_paths_bash.  Then

    change line 33 to
             export FER_DIR=/usr/local/ferret

   & line 40 to
             export FER_DSETS=/usr/local/ferret/fer_dsets

 (or the respective location)

  then place "source /usr/local/ferret/ferret_paths_bash" in .bashrc

Hope this helps

With Regards

Jaison

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Francisco Pastor wrote:

> 	Hi ferreters
>
> 	I've run Finstall to create ferret_paths in /usr/local/ferret and added
>
> 	"source /usr/local/ferret/ferret_paths"
>
> 	to my .bashrc file (working in bash on Suse Linux 9.1) but then get this
> error message when opening a terminal
>
> paco@nimbus:~> source /usr/local/ferret/ferret_paths
> bash: /usr/local/ferret/ferret_paths: line 89: syntax error: unexpected end of
> file
>
> 	Any idea? I've tried to change ferret_paths to include ./ in the PATH but now
> my scripts are not working. Maybe because of those changes. I've re-run
> Finstall and now ferret does not find data or journal files in the working
> directory.
>
> 	I need to add ./ to run jnl or read DAT. I try :
>
> file/var="a,b,c,d,e,f,g" prova.DAT
> plot a
>
> with prova.DAT being a sample file
>
> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
> 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
> 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
>
> 	and ferret plots an empty graph.
>
> 	Thanks in advance

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450