Re: descriptor file and changing scale_factor

Hi Sophie,
Ferret currently applies the same factors to all of the stepfiles
used by a descriptor file. There is not a way around this now.
We just ran into this with another user, and it turns out that the
it's not hard to keep track of separate scaling for each file.  Watch
for this in the next release of Ferret.

Ansley Manke

Sophie CLOCHE wrote:

Hello,

I used a descriptor file to associate into times series groups of netcdf files using different scale_factor and add_offset compression factors for each file; when I plot the time series for the variable, there are some gaps between differents dates; this is due to the fact that the factors of the first netcdf file in the MC descriptor file are applied to all files in the MC descriptor file and not the appropriate factors of each netcdf file;
So, my question is :
there is a special tag for a descriptor file to take into account various compression factors?

thank you

Sophie