Re: drawing a rectangle on a 2D map

On 13 Oct 2004, Vincent Le Fouest wrote:
> I did a 2D map using etopo2.cdf. Now, I would like to overlay on this
> georeferenced map a rectangle delimited by four couples of coordinates
> to delimit a particular area. Is there a way to do it?

Hi Vincent,

The following overlays a red rectangle with a black border between
x=150:180 and y=-20:20.

poly/ov/nolab/pal=red/line=1 {150,180,180,150,150}, {-20,-20,20,20,-20}

The two {braces} are sequences of x- and y-coordinates.  Drop the "line=1"
for no border, or drop the "pal=red" for a transparent rectangle.

Cheers,

Andrew