Re: concatenating of files

Hi David Muhati,
                  Steve Hankin explained the reason for almost a similar error
and i think it is relevant in your case also. Please have a look at it :
 http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2001/msg00535.html

   What will be the total size of the resultant file ? I think if it is > 2GB
then the best method is to write a descriptor file so that you can access the
collection of individual files as a single data set. If you need any details
regarding descriptor files please refer in user manual :  Ch10 Sec4. CREATING
A MULTI-FILE NETCDF DATA SET. You can see lot of discussions about descriptor
files in Ferret Mail archive (go to http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/
Mail_Archives/ferret_mail_archives.html and search for the key word "descriptor" )

With Regards

Jaison

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, David Muhati wrote:

> Hi all,
> I experience a problem trying to put together wind parameters in files for
> five years.
> I succeeded for 4.5 years but couldn't finish the remaining 6 months. This
> is what
>   i did;
> yes?set memory/size=100
> yes?use my_file.nc
> yes?save/file=concat_winds.nc um1,vm1
> yes?use my_file1.nc
> yes?save/append/file=concat_winds.nc um1,vm1
> yes?can dat/all
> -------
> ------
> And then the error after 4.5 years
> lnetcdf/lposixio.c:277: failed assertion 'offset <x_int_max'
> abort
> Any ideas about how to go about this?
> Thanks.

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450