Re: error in accessing an OpenDAP aggregation server

Hi Paul,

The aggregation server at http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com/dodsC is out of date. Please see the message at http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/dods-tech/msg02100.html
Ferret v5.7 was built with post-september,2003 DODS-NetCDF client libraries. I imagine your dncdump was built with pre-september,2004 libraries. The up-to-date version of the aggregation server you are trying to access is at http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com/thredds/dodsC/en/h/msla_oer_en_err.

Joe
------------------------------------
Paul Hasenohr wrote:

Dear Ferret users,

I try to access data via OpenDAP from Ferret v5.7.
I have set up locally (linux debian) a DODS Freeform server and an Aggregation server.
I can access from Ferret data served via the Freeform server but not the same data served via the Aggregation server (I can access it from a browser).
If I make a dncdump -h of both, I get exactly the same output.

I then tried to access a publically available Aggregation Server (http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com/dodsC/en/h/msla_oer_en_err) and I encountered the same problem.

The error message I get is:
yes? use "http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com/dodsC/en/h/msla_oer_en_err";
** netCDF error: Invalid Argument
is this a CDF file ?

Do I something wrong or is there a problem with this release of Ferret ?

My final goal is to set up a LAS server to access my data served via an Aggregation server that would aggregate data served via a freeform server.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,
Paul Hasenohr

Paul HASENOHR
European Commission - Joint Research Centre
IPSC - Agriculture and Fisheries Unit
TP 266, 21020 ISPRA (VA), ITALY
Direct : +39 0332 78 62 22 - Fax : + 39 0 332 78 51 62
Web site: http://agrifish.jrc.it