Re: counting number of elements in a string array??

Emilie,

You followed what was in the manual, and you are right: it does NOT
work.  On the other hand it would work if you only listed the files
without using the spawn command, e.g.,

  let my_files = {"dummy", "box.dat", "boxmar.dat", "dummy"}

A work around (while using the spawn command) would be to  do the
following

  let my_files = {"dummy", spawn: "ls box*.dat", "dummy"}
  let len_files = strlen(my_files)
  let one_files = if len_files gt 0 then 1
  let n = one_files[i=@sum]
  list n

-- Jim

   James Orr