Re: full vector plot in meta mode using ppl?

Hi James,
Let us know if it happens again, or if you can track down a pattern of this
happening - we could take a look at the metafile and see if we can tell whether
Ferret wrote something to the metafile that was incorrect or if something happened
in gksm2ps (which is what Fprint runs to translate the metafile to postscript).

Ansley Manke

James Booth wrote:

The error turned out to be unrelated to ppl (I think).

When I used the command Fprint, There was the following message:
\\
greadgksm() 162 No item is left in GKS Metafile input
\\
And this indicates a bad gksm file, but I don't know what caused ferret to
create bad gksm files.

I was able to 'fix' this by completely logging off of the machine and then
logging back on. Perhaps there is a more technical solution?

Jimmy Booth
Graduate Student
JISAO, Ocean Research Wing
(120B King Building)