Re: full vector plot in meta mode using ppl?

Hi James Booth,
                 Did you use "set reg" command to set the desired lat-lon
region ? For me vector command is working fine and the output (ps file)
file looks as expected. On which tool did you try to see the ps file?
gv ? did you choose proper page size (A4) insted of the default BBox in
gv? Anyway the following example worked fine for me ( with and without
/nolabel & for both vector & "ppl vector"). If you are able to
reproduce the problem with this example, please post it back to the
mailing list.

!---------example.jnl---------------

  sp rm -f metafile*plt*  ! to remove already existing meta files
  set mode meta

  set data monthly_navy_winds.cdf
  set reg/x=80W:10W/y=-60:60/l=1  ! explicit specification of lat
                                  ! lon & time region
  vector/set_up uwnd, vwnd
  ppl xlab "Longitude" ;ppl ylab "Latitude"
  ppl veckey/nouser 3,-1,,(f4.1)
  ppl vector

  cancel mode meta        ! neccessary to produce the ps file from the
  ppl clsplt              !  metafile in the current Ferret session
  sp Fprint -l cps -o test.ps -R metafile.plt
  ! sp ps2pdf test.ps     ! if you need a pdf file

!---------end of example.jnl-----------------------

  Run this example script and try to see test.ps in gv (Choose A4 instead
of default BBox).

Hope this helps

With Regards

Jaison

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, James Booth wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am trying to use ppl commands to create vector plots that do not
> have the top-of-the-plot figures.  I am able to using ppl commands xlab,
> ylab and veckey to get the plot I want in the ferret plot window.
> However, when I change to meta mode and try to replot it, I only get most
> of the plot.  e.g. if the region is supposed to be 80W to 10W, the output
> file is only 80W to 40W.
> 	When I use meat mode with vector/nolabel, I get the full picture,
> it is only when I use ppl vectore the I get less than a full picture.
> Here are the commands I use, can anyone make a suggestion:
>
> yes? set mode meta
> yes? vector/nolabel /SET_UP u[k=1, l=2], v[k=1, l=2]
> yes? ppl xlab "Longitude";ppl ylab "Latitude"; ppl veckey/nouser 3,-1,,(f4.1)
> yes? ppl vector

> Jimmy Booth

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450