Geostrophic velocity

Dear All,
I'm trying to calculate the dynamic height and geostrophic velocity
using the "dynamic_height.jnl" supported with ferret, but my problem
that my section is perpendicular to the coast line (making angle with
lat and also with lon). I had created the section using the example in
chapter 8 with "sorti and reshape:" to get section with longitude and
depth, in that latitude is still a variable which was not recognized in
calculating GEO_U and GEO_Uz in "dynamic_height.jnl" since latitude is
not a dimension in this case. Its like calculating the geostrophic
velocity for along track stations.
If any one came across this problem please let me know.
Mohammed Al Saafani