From: owner-ferret_users@pmel.noaa.gov
[mailto:owner-ferret_users@pmel.noaa.gov] On Behalf Of Collier, Mark
(AR, Aspendale)
Sent: Friday, 23 July 2004 3:29 PM
To: ferret_users@noaa.gov
Subject: problems with orthographic projections

Hi,
In the following script I see the correct result in the 2nd window
(which is approximately centered at 140,-15 to compare) but the wrong
result in the 1st window. The field does not seem to be plotted at the
meridian that I specify, however, the land overlay looks in the right
spot.

Is there something obviously wrong with my syntax?

Interestingly it plot o.k. (for a split second) but then a second fill
overlays the result almost immediately.

Thanks,
Mark.

use "/cs/datastore/csdar/cec006/ocean/data/ct3/atmos_rnd_191-200.ct3.nc"

set win/size=.4 1
set region/x=0:360/y=-90:90
go mp_orthographic 140 -15
set grid rnd
go mp_aspect
let crnd=rnd[d=1,l=@ave]
fill/lev=(0,12,2)/title=""/nolabels/noaxis crnd, x_page, y_page
go mp_land

set win/size=.4 2
set region/x=100:180/y=80s:0
fill/lev=(0,12,2) crnd