Re: Adding geolocation to my data

Thank you Rob and Bill for your answers,

This worked fine.

I would like to confirm that the values in define axis (define axis/x=133.02
E:135.52E:.25 xax) should be the centers of the edge pixels (and not edge to
 edge).

This appears to be the case since "show axis xax" showed me:
start 133.02E   end 135.52E
Axis span (to cell edges) = 2.75

2.75 is the full edge to edge, so things seem to be correct.

Thanks again,

Ben

At 12:08 2004/07/13 -0500, you wrote:

> Ben, just add the info to your axis definition:
>
> DEFINE AXIS/x=10E:12.5E:0.25/UNITS=longitude xax
>
> SHOW AXIS xax
>
> Note that it's modulo. So for the x-axis, then type:
>
> CANCEL AXIS/MODULO xax
>
> By it won't be for the others.
>
> go to
> http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/fer_ht
ml.htm

> and click on define axis to find out all the options under this command.
> It's all pretty obvious.
>
> good luck,
> Rob
>

> At 09:21 PM 7/13/2004 +0900, you wrote:
> >Hello Fellow Ferreters,
> >
> >I wrote the following script to read data from a file:

> >define axis/x=1:11:1 xax
> >define axis/y=1:11:1 yax
> >define axis/z=1:5:1 zax
> >define grid/x=xax/y=yax/z=zax gax1
> >file/format=stream/type=i2/swap/skip=`2048/4`/grid=gax1/var=tb_scale F13S
SMI