Re: How can I launch X window?

Hello Esteban,
Do you have X server software on your PC?  Here is an FAQ
document about what you need to do to run Ferret on a Windows
system.  I hope it will answer your questions:

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/system/getting_started_on_pc.html

Esteban Benítez Cambreleng wrote:

ˇHello!

It´s the first time that I use Ferret. I´ve windows XP.
When I've finished to setting up it, and i run the example (go ptest) the screen shows this message:

"Can't connect to X Server :0.0
Your DISPLAY environment variable must be set to
point to a working X server."

I've tried to change Display´s value but it ever appear the same message. it only varies :0.0 which depends the given value.

Thanks for yoour Cooperation

Esteban (SPAIN)