How can I launch X window?

ˇHello!

It´s the first time that I use Ferret. I´ve windows XP.
When I've finished to setting up it, and i run the example (go ptest)
the screen shows this message:

"Can't connect to X Server :0.0
 Your DISPLAY environment variable must be set to
 point to a working X server."

I've tried to change Display´s value but it ever appear
the same message. it only varies :0.0 which depends the given value.

                                        Thanks for yoour Cooperation

                                           Esteban (SPAIN)