Re: Problem installing ferret v5.7

Hello Kike -

I have recreated the Ferret executables tar file at
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/linux_downloads.html

for rh7. I rebuilt Ferret and attempted to statically link in as many libraries as possible, including the ssl and other security libraries (which are required by the OPeNDAP-enabled NetCDF libraries).

Please try to install this version of Ferret 5.70 and let me know how it goes.

Kevin

Enrique Sanchez wrote:

Hi:
I have taken fer_executables.tar.Z of
new 5.7 version, to update my installation,
but now I have a error message:

ferret: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.2: cannot open

As I am installing it with non-root access, I used LINUX (RedHat 7.1 - built with g77/gcc v2.96)
link when I installed v5.60, and it worked perfectly well (it is a debian linux 2.4.24, and
v5.60 version said in the beggining
Linux (g77) 2.4.18).

I am trying to get v5.60 back, but I only see
v5.53, and it gives me the same kind of
problems with shared libraries.
Any help?
Thanks a lot in advance,