double precision

Hi Ferreters,

after browsing the archives and the manual I could not find out if there is a way to force ferret to do its calculations in double precision. I'm actually trying to manipulate data from a NetCDF file in which the data are stored as "double". If I save the data after the calculations are done, the resulting NetCDF file holds the variables as "float".

I would very much appreciate any comments on that!

Thanks a lot,

With best regards, Holger