From: owner-ferret_users@pmel.noaa.gov
[mailto:owner-ferret_users@pmel.noaa.gov]On Behalf Of Jozef SYKTUS
Sent: Monday, 31 May 2004 11:44 AM
To: ferret_users@noaa.gov
Subject: strange netcdf file grid attributes?

Dear,
      I have downloaded ERA40 reanalysis geopotential hight at 500 hPa as
a netcdf file. The file is a monthly averaged data for period ~1957-2002.
i.e.

yes? use Era40_Z500.nc
yes? sh d
     currently SET data sets:
    1> ./Era40_Z500.nc  (default)
name     title                          I         J         K	  L
Z        Geopotential                  1:144     1:73      ...   1:540
yes? shade z[l=1]
 **ERROR: dimensions improperly specified: 9999999 words were requested.
 *** NOTE: Check for unspecified limits on an ABSTRACT axis
 *** NOTE: Use the SHOW GRID command to see the axes
yes? SHOW GRID
 Default grid for DEFINE VARIABLE is ABSTRACT
yes? SHOW GRID abstract
    GRID ABSTRACT
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 ABSTRACT  X              9999999 r   1                     9999999
 ABSTRACT  Y              9999999 r   1                     9999999
 ABSTRACT  Z              9999999 r   1                     9999999
 ABSTRACT  T              9999999 r   1                     9999999

Where this abstract grid stuff comes from? Why I am unable to plot
shade z[l=1] ??

Any help would be most appreciated?

Regards,

Jozef Syktus

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.