Re: how can I increase the font size of lat lon values

Hello Yogesh,
	Am I right in thinking you need to change the size of the
values and labels on the axes of the plot? If so this can be done
with the plotplus commands "ppl axlsze" and "ppl conset".
	The first of these controls the size of the numerical values
on the axes. For example

let/title="x-value" xx=i^1.5 ; let/title="y-value" yy=i^2
plot/vs/title="my plot"/line=1/i=1:5 xx,yy
! will plot the axis values in the default size 0.1 inches. But

ppl axlsze,0.2,0.15
plot/vs/title="my plot"/line=1/i=1:5 xx,yy

! will increase the size of the numerical values to 0.2 and 0.15
! on the x and y-axes respectively. The heights of the axis titles
! are not changed by "ppl axlsze".  The heights of character labels
! are changed by the "ppl conset" command. The arguments of

ppl labset,0.2,0.2,0.15,0.4

! modify the main label, x-axis label, y-axis label and movable
! labels from their defaults (0.16,0.12,0.12,0.12 inches) Now try

plot/vs/title="my plot"/line=1/i=1:5 xx,yy

! and you will see a difference between AXLSZE and LABSET! While the
! changes due to "ppl axlsze" stay in effect, those requested by
! "ppl labset" are overwritten with defaults by the "plot" command.
! To get them to take effect you must call them between the time the
! plot is defined and when it is actually drawn

plot/vs/title="my plot"/line=1/i=1:5/set xx,yy
ppl labset,0.2,0.2,0.15,0.4
ppl plot

! Strangely the heights of the "movable labels" set by ferret in the
! upper right (Ferret Ver 5.41 etc) are not changed, but a new label
! will get the height assigned by "ppl labset", for example

ppl labs,5,@crmovable label ; ppl plot

! To change the heights of the ferret generated labels you need to
! individually set their "hlabs" values; their movable label numbers
! can be seen by "ppl listsym"

ppl hlabs,1,0.2 ; ppl plot

!-----------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the length of this response, which is aimed to newer
users in general. For those who wonder why all the "ppl" commands,
it is because when Ferret was written it adopted a lot of the code
of a pre-existing (and still-existing) independent program PlotPlus
To see all the commands of PlotPlus, most of which have application
in Ferret, see the link
ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/PPLUS_Users_Guide/pplus_users_guide.html

Hope all this helps,
			Mick

|  mick.spillane@noaa.gov      |
|__Room 2070 Bldg#3 NOAA/PMEL__|