how to define the time axis

Hello Ferret users,

How to define the time axis of a netcdf file. I have monthly averaged atmospheric CO2 satellite data in a netcdf file which looks like :

************
name title I J K L
Stratospheric CO2 1:360 1:180 ... ...
Tropospheric Counts 1:360 1:180 ... ...
Tropospheric Background 1:360 1:180 ... ...
Tropospheric CO2 1:360 1:180 ... ...
Tropospheric Maximum Error 1:360 1:180 ... ...
Averaging Kernel 1:360 1:180 ... ...
TROPOPAUSE 1:360 1:180 ... ...
Cloud Top Level 1:360 1:180 ... ...
**************

As you see here the time axis L is not defined, whereas this data is monthly averaged for one month say Jan03.

Similarly I have separate files for the months :

Feb03,March03,.........Dec03.

All files looks same like above defined variables.

If I add all Jan to Dec file using save/append command then the concat.cdf file seems not working.

Kindly help me, I want to see the monthly variation of CO2.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Yogesh

Yogesh K. Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Hans-Knoell-Strasse 10, D-07745 Jena, Postal Address:
Germany Postfach 10 01 64
D-07701 Jena,
Office : +49 3641 576376 Germany
Fax : +49 3641 577300