problem with let command

Hello ferret users,

I have few netcdf files which have the variable names like :

*********************
                     I         J         K         L
Stratospheric CO2   1:360     1:180     ...       ...

Tropospheric CO2    1:360     1:180     ...       ...

Averaging Kernel    1:360     1:180     ...       ...

**********************

When I try to rename a variable like:

 yes? let 'Stratospheric CO2' = str_co2

then it crashes and says :

----------------------
**ERROR: command syntax: illegal name: 'STRATOSPHERIC CO2'
---------------------

On the other hand when I try to use fill command on the same variable

yes? fill 'Stratospheric CO2'

then it works fine

Why the let command does not worked and fill command worked here
with same variable ???

I have to add such type few files and therefore the command

save/file=concat.cdf Stratospheric CO2,Tropospheric CO2,..

is not working, due to this reason only I tried to rename the variable.

Pls help,

Regards,
Yogesh

Yogesh K. Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Hans-Knoell-Strasse 10, D-07745 Jena,         Postal Address:
Germany                                       Postfach 10 01 64
                                              D-07701 Jena,
Office   : +49 3641 576376                    Germany
Fax      : +49 3641 577300
Home     : +49 3641 672232
Mobile   : +49 1736988789
e-mail   : yogesh.tiwari@bgc-jena.mpg.de