Re: Average irregular regions

Hi Wendy,
Yes, Ferret can do that.  You want to create a climatological axis
where June-July (as you choose to define that range) is one of the
time steps.  Regrid to that climatological axis, and then take the
June-July time step out of the months.  See "climatology, creating"
in the Ferret Users Guide.  You will want to create your own
climatological axis, perhaps based on one of the monthly axes
in the climatological_axes dataset.

Also take a look at these FAQ's for more on this topic.

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/climatologies.html
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/seasonal_masking.html