Re: how to add the many netcdf files

Hello Ansley,

I used the second option, as you suggested, SAVE/APPEND command to add 50 netcdf files in to a single 'concat.cdf' file.

My each file size is 762K.

After adding only first 32 files ferret crashes on the following error:

!--------------------------------------------------------------
add_connect: too many connects, cannot add another
** netCDF error: Attribute not found
could not open CDF output file:
concat.cdf
LIST/FORMAT=CDF/append/file=concat.cdf NBOX,CO2,STD_CO2
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
!-----------------------------------------------------------

Please help,

Thanks,

Yogesh

Hello Yogesh,
This FAQ addresses a very similar question, and gives two different
options; one is the descriptor file suggested by Steve Cousins in his
earlier reply, and the other is to use Ferret's SAVE/APPEND command
to make a single NetCDF file.

  http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/data_management/multi_dataset.html

Ansley Manke

Yogesh K. Tiwari wrote:

Hello Dear Friends,

I want to add many netcdf files in a one file inside ferret.

My data files looks like :

1>./Data_Jan_1987.nc

name title I J K L
CO2 CO2 concentration 1:360 1:180 ... 1:1

2>./Data_Feb_1987.nc

name title I J K L
CO2 CO2 concentration 1:360 1:180 ... 1:1

3>./Data_March_1987.nc

name title I J K L
CO2 CO2 concentration 1:360 1:180 ... 1:1

-------------------------
-----------------
-------------

There are many months for many years, total 50 files ----------------
--------------------------------------
--------------

I want to add all the files in a single file so it should look like :

>./Data_added.nc

name title I J K L
CO2 CO2 concentration 1:360 1:180 ... 1:50

Is it possible ??

Or is there any other way that I can use all the files and plot timeseries - seasonal cycle and other features.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Yogesh

Yogesh K. Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Hans-Knoell-Strasse 10, D-07745 Jena,         Postal Address:
Germany                                       Postfach 10 01 64
                                              D-07701 Jena,
Office   : +49 3641 576376                    Germany
Fax      : +49 3641 577300
Home     : +49 3641 672232
Mobile   : +49 1736988789
e-mail   : yogesh.tiwari@bgc-jena.mpg.de