time height cross sections of 4d data

Dear Ferreters,

I am having trouble doing time height cross sections of 4D data using the curvilinear fill routine. If I fix the time I can successfully make a longitude height plot by typing

cancel region/i/k
set region/j=30/l=73
fill ugrd, x[g=qvapor]+0*qvapor, height

where both ugrd and height have been previously regridded to the same grid as qvapor. But, if I do the equivalent for a time height plot by fixing x and y:

cancel region/k/l
set region/i=30/j=30/l=72:96
fill ugrd, t[gt=qvapor]+0*qvapor, height

I get a plot with a bunch of triangles going across time with each triangle having colored stripes and everything else white. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

If it is needed for the solution, the grid all the data is on is:

    GRID GDX5
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 WEST_EAST X                   73 r   1                    73
 SOUTH_NORTH Y                 73 r   1                    73
 BOTTOM_TOP Z                  59 r   1                    59
 TIME1     TIME               121 r   28-AUG-2000 12:00    02-SEP-2000 12:00
Thanks,
     Bill
William I. Gustafson Jr., Ph.D.
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory