Re: "stack overflow" problem

Hi Yogesh,

          The "note" with the error message;
      *** NOTE: Check for recursion in variable definitions
indicates that the problem is with the variable defining line ;

    let mass=mass[d=2]

You defined a "new variable" in the same name of a "variable in the
data file". According to the given script, there  is no need to
define a new variable since no calculation or any other operations
are involved in this step.You can simply use mass[d=2] like

	use mmix_1987.nc ; use mix.nc
	let m_1987=(m001[d=1]+m002[d=1]+m003[d=1])*mass[d=2]
	set region/y=-20:20
	let N=m_1987[z=600:50@sum,l=848:971@ave]
	let D=mass[d=2,z=600:50@sum,l=848:971@ave]
	fill/nolab/lev=(344,370,2) N/D+332

Or if you want to give some name then give some name other
than "mass" like

   let mas = mass[d=2]

Hope this helps

With Regards

Jaison

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Yogesh K. Tiwari wrote:

> Dear Ferret Users,
>
> I am using the two netcdf files to creat one plot. One file size is 1GB
> and other is 126MB.The problem is 'stack overflow'
>
> Can any one help me please.
>

> After calling the script in ferret it crashed like :-

> yes? go tm3_plot_for_tovs.jnl
>
> use mmix_1987.nc
>
> use mix.nc
>
> let mass=mass[d=2]
>
> let m_1987=(m001[d=1]+m002[d=1]+m003[d=1])*mass
>
> set region/y=-20:20
>
> let N=m_1987[z=600:50@sum,l=848:971@ave]
>
> let D=mass[z=600:50@sum,l=848:971@ave]
>
> fill/nolab/lev=(344,370,2) N/D+332
>   **ERROR: stack overflow
> CONTOUR/FILL/nolab/lev=(344,370,2) N/D+332
> Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
>   *** NOTE: Check for recursion in variable definitions

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Yogesh

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450