Re: trajectory plot + colorbar

Hi Michael,
              You can use "PPL SHAKEY" to turn your color key. Refer
user manual Appendix C, Sec2.12 SHAKEY to find the usage. The trick is
to interchange yposition_low & yposition_high ( to turn vertical, default
color key) in SHAKEY. For example...

        yes? use coads_climatology
        yes? set reg/l=1/x=30:120/y=-30:30
        yes? fill sst         ! to make a plot and get the values for
        yes? ppl list shakey  !   arguments of default shakey

                 DO KEY  ORIENT  LAB SIZE  LAB INC  LAB DIG  LAB LEN
                      1       1      0.00        0        3        9

                 DEFAULT KEY POSITIONING
                 X LO     X HI     Y LO     Y HI
                 9.45     9.71     1.40     7.40
        yes? fill/set sst    ! to make a plot with "reversed"  color key
        yes? ppl shakey ,,,,,,,,7.40,1.40  ! changing only y_values
        yes? ppl fill

  You can easily modify "polymark.jnl" to make an additional option for
shakey as 7th argument. Make the following change in polymark.jnl;

	1. add /set_up qualifier to polygon command line (line No.68) like

$1/coord_ax=($PLMpoly_ax)/set_up  PLMxpoly+PLMxpolymark, PLMypoly+PLMypolymark, PLMpolydata

        2. Add the following lines after the above one

ppl shakey $7" "
ppl fillpol/over

        3. In the begining "usage" part of the jnl file add some comments
		for your later reference..like

! Usage:                  $1        $2    $3     $4      $5      $6      $7
! Yes?  GO polymark polygon_command xpts ypts [values] [shape] [scale] [shakey]
!
! $7 - ppl shakey arguments to control the color key orientn. and labelling
!                 in "double quotes" like "1,1,0,0,3,9,9.5,9.8,7.4,1.4"
!                    or ",,,,,,,,7.4,1.4"
!                 after making a dummy plot, use "PPL LIST SHAKEY" to
!                     see the default values

Notes that 7th argument to the new jnl file should be enclosed in double
quotes.

Hope this helps....

With Regards

Jaison

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Michael Traub wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to plot trajectories (lon vs. lat and colored the pressure
> height!) with following command
>
> GO polymark POLY/OVER/NOLAB/KEY/LEVELS="(200,1000,100)" LON+360 LAT
> PRESS/100 circle 0.2)
>
> How can I turn the colorbar, so that 200 is at the top of the colorbar
> and 1000 is at the bottom??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450