Re: line styles

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Toni Mira wrote:
> I'm plotting several lines (all of them black) together and I would like
> to draw the different available styles: SOLID, DASHED, DOTTED,
> DASHED-DOTTED, LONG DASHED and DASHED AND DOUBLE-DOTTED.
>
> I've used the PLOT/DASHED(DOWN1,UP1,DOWN2,UP2) option, but I think
> it should be an easier way to do it.

Hi Toni,
	A couple of thoughts come to mind.
1) if the entire plot is black and white then the colors that appear
   on the screen are replaced by various dots and dashes when a
   hard copy is made to a b/w printer.

2) if you experiment and discover the down/up combinations that give
   the line styles you like you could define them as symbols for
   later use - for example

def sym type0 = "line=7"                   ! solid, thicker
def sym type1 = "dash=0.05,0.05,0.05,0.05" ! simple dash
def sym type2 = "dash=0.02,0.1,0.02,0.1"   ! simple dot
def sym type3 = "dash=0.1,0.05,0.02,0.05"  ! dot-dash
!...

plot/i=1:10/($type0) i
plot/o/i=1:10/line=1/($type1) 11-i
plot/o/i=1:10/line=1/($type2) i/2+2