Re: LINUX (RedHat 7.1 - built with g77/gcc v2.96)

Hello -

The reason that you received the "command not found" error when you typed the "ferret" command is that there wasn't a link in $FER_DIR/bin from ferret_v560 to ferret. I have fixed this problem in the executable tar files. You can either download the Ferret executable tar file again, or run the following command in your $FER_DIR/bin directory:

ln -s ferret_v560 ./ferret

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sorry for the hassle -

Kevin

Boyin Huang wrote:

I am a user of ferret.

I tried to install ferret version
LINUX (RedHat 7.1 - built with g77/gcc v2.96)
(from ferret web site) to a new Linux computer
followed the instructions.

I found the installation was unsuccesful: no "ferret@"
was found in /bin. "command not found" is prompted
when typed "ferret".

I copied old files (from my old computer installed two
year ago) to the new computer, run the installation
procedures again. Ferret works fine.

What causes the failure in installing ferret from
updated version?
The version of computer is:
Linux murray.crces.org 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50
EDT 2002 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks.

=====
Boyin Huang
The Center for Research on the Changing Earth System (CRCES)
10211 Wincopin Circle, Suite 240
Columbia, Maryland 21044
Tel. 410-992-5300/19 (O), 301-770-5826(H)
Fax. 410-992-5944, Email. byh@crces.org
http://byh.crces.org