Re: shade and -gif

Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@noaa.gov> writes:

| Hi Helge,
| There was a bug, which is fixed in the very latest version of Ferret, v5.60.
| When starting Ferret with the ferret -gif strartup option, this caused
| trouble
| for shade plots made with /HLIMITS or /VLIMITS. Please upgrade to
| v5.60 if you can, and let us know if you still see a problem.
| Here are the release notes for v5.6 -
| http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Release_Notes/v56.html

Hi,
the new features of 5.6 looks great - thanks!

I still get the strange shade difference - these two plots show the
output using the script I sent earlier, executed with and without
-gif, and the 5.6 version (on a RH8 system if that matters?)

the correct output comes without the -gif option:

http://www.ii.uib.no/~avle/shade/standard-ferret.gif

with -gif:

http://www.ii.uib.no/~avle/shade/ferret-gif.gif

Helge