specifying axes (solution)

Hi,

If someone want to represent a variable (o more than one) against the height, for
example, and these variables are located in a .dat file, here is the solution:

Suppose we have a data file named data.dat. This file is estructurated into 3 columns:
height/ potential temperature (T) / wind velocity (V), and we want to represent T and V
as function of height.

First of all we have to make a symbolic link so that we can read the same file twice
into ferret:
!outside ferret use...
ln -s data.dat data.copy

After that, we compose a script like the following one:
file/form=free/var=zz data.copy
def axis/z/name=zax/from_data zz[d=1]
def grid/z=zax grd
file/form=free/g=grd/var=height,T,V data.dat
plot/nolab T,V
And that's all!
After that we can apply functions like fill_between successfully.

I've been more than one week 'fighting' against this problem so I hope I can help
somebody in the same situation as me.
Sorry for my English and thanks to all people that have answered my emails.

Toni