LIST command

Hello !

I try to list a variable and put the result into a file. Say this variable is called "temp" and has 1 dimension (vertically : 10 pressure levels : 50 hPa, 100 hPA, 150 hPa, ..., 500 hPa).

When I do this :

define symbol filename = list.dat
list/append/file=($filename) temp

I get something like this :

50 / 1: -65.65
100 / 2: -63.50
150 / 3: -60.37
200 / 4: -58.62
250 / 5: -54.09
300 / 6: -48.06
350 / 7: -41.80
400 / 8: -35.56
450 / 9: -29.70
500 / 10: -24.40

If I want to use the format (because indeed I will have 11 temp-like variables to list in columns) and I do this :

define symbol filename = list.dat
list/append/file=($filename)/format=(f7.2) i, temp

I get something like this :

J / 1: 1.00 -65.65
J / 2: 2.00 -63.50
J / 3: 3.00 -60.37
J / 4: 4.00 -58.62
J / 5: 5.00 -54.09
J / 6: 6.00 -48.06
J / 7: 7.00 -41.80
J / 8: 8.00 -35.56
J / 9: 9.00 -29.70
J / 10: 10.00 -24.40

... and I have lost the information about the pressure-levels values (50, 100, ..., 500 hPa).

So, how can I get back the "values" of my pressure levels included in my i-axis ? My pressure levels do not appear in my data file as a standard variable, they are included in the vertical axis (I have called i here) and I don't really want to introduce them in my data file as a variable.

Thanks for any help !!!

Emilie V.

Emilie VANVYVE
Physicist, PhD student

Université catholique de Louvain (UCL)
Institut d'astronomie et de géophysique G. Lemaître (ASTR)
Chemin du Cyclotron, 2
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Phone : +32-(0)10-473300
Fax : +32-(0)10-474722