Re: writing white on black?

Not sure about this. I suspect the label text is written
using the default label pen (which is either 0 or 1, I
don't remember). You can change this with the command

yes? ppl pen,1,100,100,100	! RGB values

This is a tricky command because it redefines pen 1 for
on and after, and that may not be desirable. Therefore,
after using this, change it back:

yes? ppl pen,1,0,0,0

However, funny things can happen when pen colors are changed
back and forth. Ferret (or maybe it is the window manager)
can get confused.

By the way, the above pen changing command is useful for
other color redefinitions. For instance, I don't like the
standard green (RGB=0,100,0). Too bright. You can change
pen 3 to a darker (browner) green:

yes? ppl pen,3,20,60,0		! darker green

Billy K