Re: create climatological axes

Hi Rob,
We just ran into this elsewhere. Ferret sees the discrepancy and marks the
axis as a "subspan modulo" axis, where the span of the axis is smaller than the
modulo length. You can fix it by explicitly defining the modulo length to equal
the axis span. After defining the axis,

SET AXIS/MODULO=365.2418 my_clim_axis.

We are thinking about whether there is a better way to make the test for
subspan modulo axes.

Ansley Manke

Rob Scott wrote:

I'd like to create my own climatological axes. For example,
DEFINE AXIS/t="01-JAN":"31-DEC":`365.2425/37`/UNIT=days/EDGES/MODULO my_clim_axis

However, the Axis span(to cell edges) = 365.2418 (modulo length = 365.2425)

This disagreement in axis span and modulo length seems to lead to missing data in my climatology.

Is there a way to avoid this problem?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Scott