ferret question

Hi all,

I hope I can pose this question somewhat clearly. I have a temperature dataset that is gridded in time only with a grid spacing of 1 day over 50 years span (18628 time points). I would like to subtract the WOA01 monthly mean climatology from the data, but it is gridded in 12 time points - months. How can I subtract the proper month's value from my dataset when, say, January occurs over and over again throughout the 50 years, and making sure I'm subtracting it from the proper days that would be the days of January in each year? Is this doable in Ferret?

Thanks for any thoughts or info!

Mark Carson