Re: do loop

Hi Barry,
Do you perhaps want a regridding operation?  You can do this in
one step with Ferret.  You would define the output grid that you want,
and specify that you want to regrid to the new grid.

For instance if  the Z axis of variable var was Z=0:1100:100, and
you want your output Z axis to be 1:1200:1  you would do this:

  yes? define axis/z=1:1200:1  znew
  yes? let outvar = var[gz=znew]

Then outvar has the same input X and Y axes as your input variable,
and the output axis of ZNEW.

Ansley Manke

Barry Baker wrote:
Hello,

I am sure this is simple but I am having difficulty with the correct syntax.

Here's the problem:

I have 3D grid (720,360,12) that I want to divide by 1D grid or vector with dimensions of (1,100) such that resulting grid will be (720,360,1200).  I know how to do this in FORTRAN but am having a bit of a hard time getting the correct syntax in FERRET.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Barry