Re: palette with ppl command

Hi Claire Livingston,
                       You can specify the palette you want in two ways

    1. set a particular palette for the whole ferret session
         yes? palette=no_green_centered

    2. set a particular palette for a particular fill command
         yes? fill/hlim=**:**:**/vlim=**:**:**/palette=no_green_centered var

 ppl fill will not take any arguments like palette. You can use the /set
qualifier to the fill command and use go unlabel and ppl fill to get rid
of the label you don't want. Have a trial with the attached script.

Hope this helps ...

With Regards

Jaison

!----------------------------------------------

,

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Livingston, Claire wrote:

> Well, while we are on the subject of palettes, I thought I would present a
> problem I have run into more than once.
>
> While making a fill plot, I'm trying to clean up some of the extra titles,
> labels, etc.. by typing:
> fill/xlimits... blah blah blah etc...
> GO unlabel 3
> PPL fill
>
> It appears you have to also do the PPL fill in order for the GO unlabel 3 to
> work.  Problem is, it gives me a default rainbow palette.  I'm in the
> process of editing the rainbow palette and making it what I want.  Question
> is, how do I tell it what palette I want?  When I type:
> fill/xlimits... blah blah blah etc...
> GO unlabel 3
> PPL fill/palette=no_green_centered
> It cancels out the unlabel part totally and all my messy labels show up
> again.
>
> Please help.  This seems simple but is bothersome.
> Thanks,
>
> Claire Livingston
> Oceanographer
> Naval Oceanographic Office
> Stennis Space Center
> (228) 689-8263
> livingstonc@navo.navy.mil

\       set mode verify

	set data coads_climatology

        set reg/l=1

!  fill using default palette

        message

        fill sst

!  now we will use no_green_centered.spk palette
!             only for the next fill command

        message

        fill/palette=no_green_centered.spk sst

!  this doesn't change the palette for other fill commands

        message

        fill sst

!  now we will change the palette for the whole ferret session

        message

        palette=no_green_centered.spk

        fill sst

!  for other fill commands also the palette will be the above
!             set new palette

        message

        fill sst

!  if you want to restore the default palette for some reason

        message

        palette=default.spk

        fill sst

!  if you use ppl fill then the palett set by fill/palette=******
!  will remain for other fill commands also

        message

        fill/set/palette=no_green_centered.spk sst

        go unlabel 3

        ppl fill

!  see what happens with other fill commands

        message

        fill sst

        message
!  same pallet retains