Re: Question about palette

Hi,
I think you will first have to find a description of the palette which
is used for your plot. Perhaps you can compare your current palette with
the ferret palettes available in the directory "FERRET_HOME/ppl/*.spk".

(the rules for the *.spk files is available at
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/fer_html.htm
in the palette part)

If you find or built the originale palette in percent as a spk file, you
will have to convert the percents on your extended wind range (I mean
0-100 % of [-5, 5] becomes 17-78% on [-9,9]) and then you'll just have
to add a 0% line in the beginning of your spk file for [-9, -5] wind
values, and 100% line at the end of the spk file for the [5,9] wind values.

I hope this helps you,

Bye

Thomas

du hui wrote:

> Hi, I have a question.
> I am trying to plot some data and compare it with others plot. What I
> want is to represent the same varialbe value with the exactly same
> color. Unfortunately, I have no detailed information about how the
> plot with which I want to compare my plot map the color. For example,
> I want to plot wind speed. The present plot has the values from -5m/s
> to 5m/s. however my wind speed values range from -9m/s to 9m/s. How
> can I produce the plot with the same color representing the same
> value. I think the present plot's palette is by percent.
> Anybody can give me some hints. Thanks a lot

> 与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn

Thomas LOUBRIEU
IFREMER TMSI/IDM/ISI