Re: restore line style

Hi Helge,
That's interesting. Thank you for the example. The ALINE command is often
troublesome; we hope to have a chance to replace it with a PLOT/NOUSER
command option. But, there is a solution to your problem now.

The first argument to the ALINE command is the line number. This specifies
the line style which is used when the line is drawn. I'm not sure why the line style
from the plot/vs is being used but you can reset the line style using the PPL LINE
command. Set line 1 to a simple line with no mark, and use line 1 as the first
argument in the ALINE calls. So the end of your script becomes:

ppl line 1, ,0
repeat/i=1:`($grid_IM)` (\
ppl aline 1,`($grid_x)`,`($grid_y1)`,`($grid_x)`,`($grid_y2)` )
repeat/i=1:`($grid_JM)` (\
ppl aline 1,`($grid_x1)`,`($grid_y)`,`($grid_x2)`,`($grid_y)` )

Ansley Manke

Helge Avlesen wrote:

Dear Ferreters, I struggle a bit with the line style of the ppl aline command after
using plot/vs ... the below standalone script demonstrate the
problem.
first run as is, and get a figure with a grid separating the SHADE
cells. in this grid I want to plot some data points, so I uncomment
the line between !** lines, and rerun. in my ferret(5.53) the
gridlines disappear and are replaced by crosses near the edges.

so the question is; how can I restore the line style, or force ppl
aline to use a solid line instead of crosses when I include that
plot/vs command?