Vorticity calculation: third request

Dear Ferret users:

This is my third request on this topic.  I haven't received even a nibble
from previous requests, but I figured I would give it one last shot.

I need to calculate relative or total vorticity from a wind field in
curvilinear coordinates.  Is there a straight forward means of
accomplishing this in ferret?  The netcdf schema of my output and the wind
fields are included below.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Dave Flory
flory@iastate.edu

dimensions:
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (72 currently)
        i_dot = 121 ;
        j_dot = 165 ;
        i_cross = 120 ;
        j_cross = 164 ;
        sigma_level = 25 ;
        sigma_level_full = 26 ;
        categories = 23 ;
        season = 2 ;
        sigma_level_full = 26 ;
        categories = 23 ;
        season = 2 ;

        float u(time, sigma_level, i_dot, j_dot) ;
                u:long_name = "U COMPONENT OF HORIZONTAL WIND" ;
                u:units = "m/s" ;
        float v(time, sigma_level, i_dot, j_dot) ;
                v:long_name = "V COMPONENT OF HORIZONTAL WIND" ;
                v:units = "m/s" ;

David M. Flory                      **   "It's not the time you put in, but
Lecturer/Research Assistant         **    what you put in the time."
Geological and Atmospheric Science  **            -Unknown
Iowa State University               **
Email: flory@iastate.edu            **   "A cynic is a person who looks
Phone: (515)294-0264                **    down at those above."
Office: 3101 Agronomy Hall          **           -Source: fortune cookie