Re: Fland and Transparency

Hi Bruce,
The transparent option in the fland script uses the PATTERN option for
the SHADE overlay of the land mask. The PATTERNs are not implemented
for Ferret's -gif or -batch modes, but you can make postscript output using a
metafile, or a gif by running Ferret without a command line switch and using
the FRAME/FILE=filename.gif command. These two sequences work fine:

> ferret
yes? use etopo20
yes? shade/pal=land_sea rose
yes? go fland 20 black transparent
yes? frame/file=gfile.gif

> ferret
yes? set mode meta
yes? use etopo20
yes? shade/pal=land_sea rose
yes? go fland 20 black transparent
yes? exit

> Fprint -o pfile.ps metafile.plt

Bruce W. Ford wrote:

Ferreters!

In using Fland with the transparent option, the on-screen image looks great!
However, when I output the file to .ps or .gif, the continents show as solid
filled.

A workaround I found is to screen capture and crop. This significantly
slows things down.

Does anyone know what can be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Bruce

Bruce W. Ford
http://www.EverythingDulcimer.com
"The Internet Home for Dulcimer Enthusiasts"

Spread the Word!