Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:32:35 +1030
To: ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov
From: Hemerson Tonin <hemer.tonin@flinders.edu.au>
Subject: statement for vertical axis in external functions

Hi,

One of my input argument is mixed layer level (longitude, latitude and time - described in the end of message), giving for each position the mixed layer level ( 1 < k < 15 ).

I have tried to use it as reference to separate vertical regions through:

IF ( k .LE. arg_4(i4,j4,k4,l4)) THEN

but the result of this statement has not worked. The outcome is vertically homogeneous.
I have already checked vertical axis orientation, it is Ok ! Then, I have tried using a simple number

IF ( k .LE. 5)) THEN

and has not worked, as well, presenting the same result like anything has changed in the code.

Furthermore, the external function, when I removed all stuff concerning mixed layer depth, has worked in tune, and its result is not vertically homogeneous.

Can anyone help me ?

*----+ Mixed layer depth - level
arg = 4
CALL ef_set_arg_name(id, arg, 'Mixed layer level')
CALL ef_set_arg_desc(id, arg, 'input')
CALL ef_set_axis_influence(id, arg, YES, YES, NO, YES)

Tonin, H. E.
School of Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences
Flinders University
Adelaide - Australia