Re: @GB Netcdf file support (with and without DODS)

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 09:21, Steve Knox wrote:
> I found an mail archive from Mon, 18 Aug 2003 with the following message:
>
> The developers are working on a version that supports >2GB files
> How is this project going? We have big (>3GB) Netcdf files.
> I have a  64bit version (ferret_v5.5_64bit_no_dods) that was kindly
> provided last year but anticipate needing DODS access as well.

I'll be looking at compatibility issues WRT DODS and the latest version
of netCDF in the next few days. Whether we can build and release with
the latest version is a function of changes inside the library's
implementation. I'll let the dods list know what's up.

James
> Version 5.53 doesn't seem to handle large files.
> for example:
>
>         NOAA/PMEL TMAP
>         FERRET v5.53
>         Solaris 5.8 - 09/23/03
>         11-Feb-04 09:18
>
> yes?  use "/data/ojima/stevek/GLC/glc.cdf"
> lnetcdf/lncx.c:1733: failed assertion `(*cp & 0x80) == 0'
> Abort
>

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Steve Knox
> NREL
> Colorado State University
> (970)491-1972
James Gallagher		         The Distributed Oceanographic Data System
jgallagher@gso.uri.edu               http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/dods
Voice/Fax: 406.723.8663