Re: dods problem on RH7.1, ferret v5.53

Hi Bill,

I told you what I thought about your error, but I'm just a ferret user.
Anyway, I had mail with someone who use ferret v5.53 and who was able to access the AVISO DODS dataset.
I'm ccing the list, and a ferret developper will be able to tell you more about dods access and ferret v5.53.

Regards,
Tony

At 13:20 06/02/2004 -0800, you wrote:

> I got the same error when the dods server was not running (you said it's
> not that) and when my computer could not go to the http adress (system
> configuration). The other thing is that ferret creates a cache for dods
> access, at $home/.dods_cache, and one time ferret was crashing because of
> that cache.

I can access the dods server correctly from a web browser or another
client, so it appears to be a ferret problem.

Also, caching seems to be turned off by default.  $home/.dodsrc contains
the line USE_CACHE = 0, and I have no ".dods_cache" file or directory.

Is there anything else I should check into?  Can I get the source to
investigate my problem myself?

Thanks,
Bill