Install Failure in RH 9

I'm trying to get Ferret up and running on Redhat linux 9.  The install
went as it normally does but in trying to start Ferret I get the following
error that I cannot sort out.

Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res directly.
Needs to be fixed.
./ferret: relocation error: ./ferret: symbol __libc_enable_secure, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time
reference

Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Many thanks,
Paul