long_name_mod

Dear Ferreters,

When I save filtered variable created using CONVOLVEL as a netCDF file a
long_name_mod variable attribute is written to the file.  This attribute
is put in parentheses when I plot it (I would like this not to happen).

How do I save the variable without this long_name_mod attribute?

e.g.:

USE "http://dods.mbari.org/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/OASISdata/netcdf/hourlyM1.nc";
LET W = i[i=1:3]
LET SALINITY_FILT = CONVOLVEL(SALINITY_HR,W)
SET VAR/TITLE="Filtered Salinity"/UNITS="" SALINITY_FILT
SAVE/CLOBBER/FILE="foo.nc" SALINITY_FILT
SPAWN ncdump -h foo.nc

! Now read the file and make sample contour plot
CANCEL VAR SALINITY_FILT
USE foo.nc
SET REGION/T=1-JAN-2000:31-JAN-2000
FILL SALINITY_FILT