Re: "%XAXIS" command & 'nmstc' argument

Dear Ferretters,
                  It does turn out from the discussion with Ansley
Manke that,there's a bug in %xaxis(in 'nmstc' argument) and it is
to be fixed. He suggested a viewport method to get the axis in the
required position with required number of small tics and it suited
well for my requirement. Here is the trick for your reference....

  1.define two viewports, one larger than the other in the Y direction.
  2.make a plot in the larger viewport which has nothing in it but an
	 X axis, by shading a constant variable with the white palette.
  3.then plot the data in the smaller viewport, placing the title
	separately so that it is below the first axis

     use coads_climatology

   ! Define two viewports, one larger in the y direction and
   ! the same size in x.

   def view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v1
   def view/xlim=0:1/ylim=.05:1 v2

   ! make a plot in the larger viewport having nothing but
   ! the X axis.  Use axnmtc to set the tics on the X axis.

   ppl axnmtc, 1,0
   set view v1

   shade/axes=0,1,0,0/l=1/pal=white/nolab/nokey 0*x[gx=sst] + 0*y[gy=sst]

   ! Now plot the data in the smaller viewport, placing the
   ! title below the X axis.

   set view v2
   shade/l=1/axes=1,0,1,1/title=" " sst
   label/nouser `($ppl$xlen)/2`,-1.2,0,0,0.18,"@CR`sst,return=title`