Re: ppl VECSET and VECKEY commands

Hi Vincent,
Apologies to everyone for all the messages on this.  I have one
more thing to note. There is also a qualifier to the VECTOR command
which is simpler to use than the PPLUS commands

   VECTOR/LENGTH=

The length specified is the value of the vector magnitude that you want
to correspond to 1/2 inch on the plot page.

   VECTOR/LENGTH=8  uwnd,vwnd

is equivalent to using the command  "PPL VECSET 0.5, 8"

The label on the key will be 8, since a vector of magnitude of 8 corresponds
to a vector on the page that is the length of the arrow key.

My previous example:

   yes? use coads_climatology
   yes? set region/L=1/x=240:280/y=0:20

   yes? vector/LENGTH=5 uwnd,vwnd
       !  The key is labelled as 5 m/s

   yes? vector/OVER/LENGTH=10 uwnd,vwnd
       ! Now, 0.5 inches represents 10 m/s so the vectors are
       ! shorter, and the key is labelled as 10. m/s

Vincent Le Fouest wrote:
Hi,
Actually, the problem is the following:

Using the default arguments of the VECSET command I obtain a too much
longer arrow relative to my plot with a label corresponding in my case
to the mean wind field intensity of my 2D grid, i.e. 1.3E01

Using ppl VECSET 0.5,1, I obtain an arrow of correct length but it
substitutes my numerical label 1.3E01 by 1
Similarly, using ppl VECSET 0.5,5 it substitutes my numerical label
1.3E01 by 5

do You have an idea?

Vincent