plot/overlay ignores let/title

I'm trying to plot several lines in a single plot, using plot/overlay.
It turns out that, when doing something like the following:

let /title="A variable" /units="K/month" a=...
let /title="B variable" /units="K/month" b=...
let /title="C variable" /units="K/month" c=...

plot a
plot /overlay b
plot /overlay c

the title of the plot is properly set to "A variable (K/month)", but
the legends for b and c will show "b" and "c"
respectively, instead of "B variable" and "C variable". Sometimes
ferret also adds the regions and operators specified between []. When
the
variable definition of b and c is long, Ferret will wrap lines once in
the legend and make the font impossibly small.

How can I make Ferret use the specified title of the variable in the
legend, or how can I force it to use a userdefined string? I know I
can change the labels myself, but that's a lot more tedious work than
I'm hoping for. Is it a bug that the variable title is being ignored?

Hein Zelle

    Hein Zelle
    Dept. of Oceographic Research
    KNMI, The Netherlands