Re: contour command with vertical_section.jnl

> I try to use the script vertical_section.jnl with a command CONTOUR instead of FILL.
> It draws the lines but without numerical labels appearing on the lines.
> The command ppl conset does not change anything.
>
> Does somebody have an idea for a solution (if there is one),

Hi Vincent -

PPL CONSET is a funny command that does not operate linearly.
Sometimes you need to change it by 1/10ths of inches down to
small values like 0.5 inch to see any result. Then it may suddenly
give you lots of contours (too many). It is a strange algorithm
that I don't understand (very old code that is pre-pplus, ~1968).

Usually the behavior of getting no contours occurs when the
data grid is exceptionally dense. Again, I'm not sure why.
If it's not too much trouble, try decimating the data (if
pplus is having this problem then the data must be way denser
than is needed for a plot).

Regards ..... Billy K
William S. Kessler
NOAA / Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle Wa 98115 USA

Tel: 206-526-6221
Fax: 206-526-6744